Thursday, June 23, 2011

Warrior Dash Weekend

This past weekend we went to Minooka, IL so that Mom and Dad could run in the Warrior Dash. Dad did last year and they both decided to do it this year. It was much less muddy for the spectator area this time, which was nice for Becky, my babysitter, and me. Mom and I pre-race. Dad let me wear his Warrior hat, and everyone who saw me thought I was super cute, of course.


The pre-race photo of Mom and Dad, notice how very clean they look here.

Here I am helping Mom stretch out before the race.



Here is Dad getting down the cargo net, it was the third to last obstacle in the race. The entire race was 3.28 miles and included 10 obstacles, most of which were in the second half of the race, or so I was told. Someday I'm going to be in a race like this, and not just be watching. It looks like a lot of fun.

The second to last obstacle was jumping over fire. Mom was very tired and had to go back and get a better running start, because she wasn't sure she would clear the fire. Notice how clean mom still looks here. There is only one obstacle left, and it's the one that makes everyone get dirty.The final obstacle is a huge muddy/water pit that everyone has to get down in because there is barbed wire. So you crawl, swim, etc. Mom refused to put her head under water, but it didn't matter, she was still filthy. She was trying to finish the race strong, but kept sliding on the mud it was very funny to watch.Mom and Dad post-race. Notice how dirty they are compared to that first picture. Doesn't it just make you want to sign up for this race! Dad said the race was twice as hard as last years, and Mom said most of the obstacles were very hard because she is so short and they were made for tall people, Dad actually agreed with her. The majority of obstacles involved climbing up and over something, what a workout.Here I am with my babysitter, aka mom's friend, Becky. She was nice enough to come along so that Mom and Dad could both race at the same time. She is a great babysitter. It was very tiring for Becky and I to watch them race. I mean we sat in th sun while they ran in the shade. It's hard to cheer people on all day.



Here I am with Gretchen waking Dad up for father's day. We woke him up with a gift though so that makes it okay. Then while we snuggled, mom made waffles, what a great day! Later in the day we went out to eat with the Gerken's so I got to see all of them too, which was nice.



I am officially sleeping in my new bed since Friday, June 17. Mom snapped this picture one morning before I woke up, what an angel I am! We kept the crib up for a couple of nights to make sure it went okay, but now the crib is down and packed away. I love my new bed. Mom and Dad can't believe how big I'm getting and how big I look in my new bed.


On a side note this morning I really made mom's week and she wanted me to share why. Dad and I were getting ready to leave and mom thought I yelled back into the house, "where are you," which she was impressed by because it was a full sentence and clear as day. Dad thought it was weird that mom didn't get more excited, because I had actually said, "Mommy, I love you." Man mom has bad ears. Dad told her what I said and then I said it again, and she was over the moon with excitement. You see I'm a bit of a Daddy's girl and don't want mom to help with anything when Dad is around so this was SUPER exciting for her.

Well that's it for now. At our house we're gearing up for our vacation, 4 weeks from today we'll be on the way to Disney! You know Mom she thinks we better start packing now so we don't forget anything, oh boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment