Saturday, June 4, 2011

Mommy's 5K and pool time

Well hello again everyone. Rather than wait a long time to update and have tons of pictures, I'll try and update more often.


Waiting for Mom to start her 5K. I had my snack and milk so I was ready for the festivities. So the other night Mom and Dad decided to try and make my bed into a toddler bed, but found out they didn't have a piece to do that, so my bed got lowered and we're on the search for an inexpensive toddler bed. I helped Daddy take it apart, which really means I lost two important screws and we have searched the house high and low and we can't find them whoops.
This is me helping with the bed.
Mom and her friend Abbey ran the race together. Here we are posing pre-race. They were both very nervous, it was mom's first 5K.
Abbey led us in some pre-race stretching, very important.
Mom finished the race in under 32 minutes, a time she was very excited about. Her official time won't be out for a few days, but she was pleased. The race started at 8:00 a.m. and it was already 86 degrees by that point and the route was entirely in the sun. Needless to say Mom was hot and sweaty when she finished. In two weeks we're heading to the WArrior Dash so Mom and Dad can run another 5K that includes a bunch of obstacles. It was a lot of fun and messy last year when Dad ran it so I'm looking forward to it again.
After the race Dad headed out of town for the night to hang out with friends. Mom and I went out to breakfast with friends and then decided to have a pool party to cool off. Mom sat with her feet in the pool while I played. It was a great way to relax before lunch. I haven't been in the pool since last year so I forgot what a swimming suit was. I tried to take it off because I thought I had to be naked like the bathtub...whoops.

I want to be a runner like Mommy and Daddy so I tried on Mommy's running shoes after we finished in the pool. They look like they fit and I'm ready to go. Mom and Dad say I have to wait a few years for the kids runs, but I'll start training now. We'll update again soon, because now Mom's summer work schedule starts, which means 4 long days, but Fridays off to play with me, yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment