Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I Failed :(

Well unfortunately I failed my Glucose Challenge Test (it's the one hour test) so I know have to go back for the dreaded 3 hour Glucose Tolerance Test. The one hour is not so bad the drink is flavored like fruit punch kool-aid, they only take your blood once and you're only waiting one hour. The three hour means of course sitting in a hard waiting room chair for 3 hours (they don't allow you to leave), you have to drink the gross, thick orange drink instead, you get your blood drawn like 4 times, and you have to fast for 12 hours beforehand plus the 3 hours you're there. Seriously 15 hours of not eating for a pregnant woman does this seem like a good idea. Never mind my fear of one of the phlebotomists at the place who has on two separate occassions made me cry from pain and nearly pass out from not getting my veins. I'm really hoping she doesn't work when I go back because I don't want the pain or bruises she inflicts.

I did not fail by much, but as the nurse said, failing is failing! I am anticipating passing the 3 hour though since my score was low for the one hour. I go on Tuesday so let's hope it goes well. Just to be on the safe side in case I fail Brian and I went out and had ice cream last night. I mean seriously what if I fail and my diet is monitored I better enjoy the good stuff now.

In other news we did finally purchase Ofie's baby room furniture so that is exciting. We hope to have it at our house in the next few weeks and possibly set up by the end of May. I finally feel like we're accomplishing something. We will have new belly pics up after the weekend. Only 1 more day until 28 weeks and the official start of the third trimester. My sciatica is better and I'm finally back at the gym so that is cause for celebration as well. I have never appreciated a good workout or even the ability to walk, or climb stairs so much as I do know that they are painfree.

No comments:

Post a Comment