Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ofie's on the Move

We had a doctor's appiontment yesterday, very routine, which we like. For a 10 minute appointment it took 1 hour to be seen by the doctor, I guess that's what happens when one of the doctor's has to leave to deliver a baby. They just keep telling me sometime it will be my turn, but still frustrating while you wait. They also managed to make me wait in the hottest exam room ever, who thought it was a good idea to put a pregnant woman in an already hot exam room, I nearly passed out.

Ofie's heart is beating away at 141 beats a minute and boy is she moving. Her movement reassures me that everything is ok, so that's good. We have discovered that she really likes oranges, they are one food that gets her dancing a lot. Amazing how fast the time goes, we have another appointment in a month then we start going every two weeks. I'm going for my glucose test in a couple of weekso hopefully that goes well and this continues to be an uneventful pregnancy.

I did have my first nightmare that Ofie came too early and we weren't prepared. Needless to say this has caused me to get more done, especially at work with making sure there is good plan in place for while I'm gone. It may come as a shock to some that I am a bit of a controlling person so to let someone else do my job while I'm on leave is hard to adjust to. My new plan is to try and be baby ready by the end of June so that if Ofie comes early I'm as ready as I can be. Yes, I know the overplanner in me is already worried about her coming early, big shocker. I'm ok with her coming late, it gives me more time, but if this kid is anything like me she'll be arriving in early June just because she wouldn't want to risk being late :) I had a talk with Ofie last night about staying inside as long as possible to fully "cook" and give me time to prepare.

No news on the house yet, but we have officially moved the office to the basement and created an open room for Ofie, just a few more things to take care of before we move furniture in there. We'll post pictures once there is something to take a picture of.

1 comment:

  1. I think we need to all remember Megan's quote " I'm ok with her coming late" and see if she feels that way at 37 weeks :)
    Glad everything is coming together so well. Too bad that there is no news on the house. Maybe no news is good news. Maybe they will throw you a curve ball and let you know at the last minute after you have done the baby's room! Oh geez.....watch out!

    ReplyDelete