Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Decking the Halls

We are busily preparing for the holidays at the Gerken household. Thanksgiving was wonderful and we enjoyed time with family. Now we're onto enjoying and preparing for Christmas. I don't understand...... I have to wait how many days until Christmas?!? You get me all excited, and then I find out it's not for 28 more days!

Playing at Grandma and Granpa Gerkens' with Uncle Brett.

Grandma seems to think I'm ready for a story and bedtime. She is sadly mistaken I've got lots more play in me.

Grandpa was showing me how to make real mashed potatoes. It was very entertaining.

Daddy was so excited to show me the Macy's Thankgiving Day Parade and mom didn't think I'd sit still, but I sure proved her wrong. I loved watching it and even danced around at all the music.
After dinner we played Left, Right, Center. I was Uncle Brett's cheerleader.
Don't you just love my piercing bllue eyes. This picture really shows off all the hair I have now, even if it is a bit untamed.

Coming home from Grandma and Grandpa's after Thanksgiving Gretchen did this to me. Gretchen LOVES to lay in the sun and she was not happy that her side of the car didn't have it, so she took matters into her own paws. She tried this more than once, but was busted by Dad every time.

All the grandkids together again. We tried, but it's nearly impossible to get everyone looking forward at one time.
Who knew this cheap toy could provide so much entertainment at Ellie's surprise birthday party. I loved these glasses, they make me look so cool!

Still not Christmas, I was hoping by the time you got this far it would be Christmas...plus this is too cute not to show you twice :)

All the decorations come out and I go in. What a fun game.

Do you know the old saying that if it gets quiet you better look for the child. Well mom was making dinner and I was bothering her a lot. She kept trying to busy me with toys. Eventually I got very quiet in the other room and she thought great Cassidy is finally playing...then just as quikcly she thought, oh no, why is Cassidy so quiet. Hahaha, I found the drawer with all the toilet paper rolls and had some fun unrolling them and tp'ing mom and dad's room.

Look at that funny face mom makes when she's ready to kiss me.
And now Daddy's turn. They love giving me kisses.

It's time to start our Christmas baking. Last year I watched mom bake from the jump-a-roo. This year I get an apron (thanks Grandma Gerken), and a chair to help out. I pretend to help out, but I really like being the official taste-tester. Here mom and I are working on her favorite treat, logs. She and Nana (her grandma) used to make these together when she was a kid so she was really excited to finally show me what they're all about. The tradition lives on.
At our house, we celebrate St. Nick day and he came on December 6 and put things in our stockings. I got a little people nativity set and a monkey ornament (since my favorite book is the monkeys jumping on the bed.....sorry mom it's my favorite). Now I have my very own nativity to play with and the angel on top of the stable even sings.
We hope you have a great holiday and we'll update again soon as I know we'll be doing lots of fun things this month. Mom has over 2 weeks off to spend with me at home and we're even going to go to Chicago to the museum with her friend Sara one of the days. Talk to you all soon.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Megan those are wonderful. It is so cute watching you with her in the kitchen Nana would be so proud. Her little Megan is teaching her baby how to make logs!! That first picture was so cute even before I read the caption. That is exactly what she was thinking I am sure of that.
    I am starting some baking tomorrow since we are suppose to get 10-14 inches of snow. Won't that fun watching the snow come down and baking.
    Have fun love you all.

    ReplyDelete