Monday, June 18, 2012

Hot, Sweaty, Messy Weekend

This past weekend was action packed for our family. We had the Schahl's over all weekend, Saturday Mom, Dad and Aunt Kim ran the Warrior Dash, and Sunday we went to a Kane County Cougars game for Father's day.

 Here is the group at the start of the Warrior Dash. Mom and Dad ran with (from left-mom's friend Abbey, Aunt Kim, mom's friend Erin, and Erin's brother Brad). They looked so nice and clean before they went out.
 Post-race picture.They are all warriors now!

I was not happy with how messy mom and Dad were after the race. When they headed to the showers I even yelled after them, "And don't come back muddy this time."  Gees, you'd think I was the parent in this family.
 I refused to pose with mom and dad for a picture, even though they tried.
 Once we got home from the Warrior Dash we played in the pool. Isaac rigged up this water slide, which was a great idea. We just ran in circles going up and coming down the slide, giggling all the way.
 We splashed so much that we lost a lot of the water in the pool, so Carly and I helped fill it back up. Did I mention we had to cool off because our air conditioner (the brand new one from last summer broke). It's under warranty which Mom and Dad say is a good thing, but boy is it hot in our house. In fact last night Mom and Dad came into my room while I was sleeping and had to change my sheets, diaper etc because I was so sweaty.
 On Sunday we went to a Kane county Cougars game. Dad bought the tickets as a group, so our name got to be on the big screen. It only took mom 3 tries to get the picture taken at the right time. We had a big group, Gramma Kitson, Aunt Jen, Ellie, Isaac, Aunt Kim, Uncle Jason, Carly, Molly, Uncle Doug, Aunt Chris, Emily, Grandma and Grandpa Gerken, Uncle Brett, Aunt Patti, and Uncle Tim.  It was so much fun with everyone there. We missed Bakka, he had to travel to Michigan for work, and Uncle Andrew and Aunt Wendy who were busy.
 Aunt Patti, Grandma and I at the game. It was definitely a hot game!
 Carly and I had a blast hanging out together all weekend.
 Daddy an I enjoyed some Dippin Dots thanks to Aunt Patti for buying them.
 The Grandma's had fun with all the little kids. Carly sort of adopted my other grandma too.
Uncle Brett and Grandpa enjoyed the game, but I think they enjoyed it most when at the end of the game there seats were shaded.

Well that was our fun and hot weekend. I hear the air conditioner is supposed to be fixed this afternoon, which will be nice since we're in the midst of several 90 degree-humid days.

Next weekend is my big race, we'll post more pictures then.

No comments:

Post a Comment