Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cassidy's First Race and First Movie Theatre Trip

Here it is folks, the update from my first race!

 Grandma and I stretched pre-race. I was showing her how to do it.
 Pinning on my first race bib. I was very confused when Daddy called it that.
 Yep, I'm ready to go. I was so excited for my debut in the running circuit.
 Mom, Dad, and I before my race. I was all nerves :)
 I took some time for a picture with Grandma and Grandpa too. They came to visit just to watch me run.
 At the starting line. I was checking out the competition. Really I was wondering why my parents didn't buy me nice running shoes like that girl next to me.

 I didn't realize what was happening when the bullhorn went off so I got started a little late.  What can I say I'm a newbie. I can redeem myself in two weeks at the Reagan Run in Dixon.  Either way this race was a Personal Record (PR) for me.
 Check out my form. I know what I'm doing, or I fake it well.  I did get a little distracted in my run when kids kept running off the course crying. I wasn't sure what that was all about.
 Post race picture with the NITRO squirrel. This is mom and dad's running group "Northern IL Trail Runners Organization"

 To celebrate my first race I got to go to my first movie at the theater. We even got popcorn.
 We saw the movie, "Brave." Mom, the scrapbooker, just had to take pictures of this momentous event.
 Getting all situated before the movie. I was okay during the movie, but I would have been less restless if they didn't have 30 minutes of previews before the movie.  Also, dad was on call for work and he got called out of the movie several times. I really wish those people in Dixon would stop committing crimes so Dad could have watched the whole movie with me.
I was very excited about this huge bag of popcorn.  A good weekend, and it's only Saturday night. Tomorrow is 3 year old pictures (a little early, but I can't imagine I'll change that much in a month)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. She looks like you when you were 2. I think it is that big grin. One we didn't see very often but that is the one that you would flash occasionally. Love it.

    ReplyDelete