Sunday, July 31, 2011

Disney World Part II: The Birthday

I was able to spend my 2nd birthday in Disney World and boy did Mom and Dad plan an exciting day for me.First Grandma and Grandpa hung these streamers in their room to celebrate and I got to run through them while we got ready in the morning. Very cool.
We had breakfast reservations at the Crystal Palace, with the Winnie the Pooh characters, so we got to go onto Mainstreet before the park opened.
I was not a fan of the characters, they are much bigger in person than they are on tv. I was okay looking at them from the comfort of Mom and Dad's arms, but I did not want my picture with them.
Our waitress sprinkled confetti on our table and brought me a cupcake with a candle. I tried to eat the candle, oops it wasn't edible.
I also got my first haircut on Mainstreet at the Magic Kingdom. I was very well behaved for my hairdresser, Mary Lou, who was from Indianapolis, IN.

After my haircut she sprinkled pixie dust on my head and then I got Mickey ears that say "first haircut."
Posting for a picture with Roy Disney and Minnie Mouse before our breakfast.
I even got a birthday button so I could wear it all day and everyone would know it was my birthday just in case the shirt that says Birthday Girl wasn't obvious enough!
We had lunch at the Whispering Canyon in our hotel and I got another birthday cupcake, candle and more singing. It was one special birthday.
I prefered the sprinkles to the cupcake, but Grandma, Grandpa, and Mom and Dad tasted the cupcake for me. Everyone laughed at me because I did a lot of my eating sideways like this. I think it makes the food taste better.

Well that's it for the birthday post. It was a great birthday and I know how to say I'm 2 now. Whenever anyone asks how old I am I say 2, but I ask for helping showing them with my fingers. I just haven't figured out how to hold up two fingers yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment