Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Simply Amazed

Cassidy is fast asleep and I have temporarily taken over her duties as family blogger. I felt the need to share an update. No amazingly artsy or stunning shots of Cassidy, but just a few in the past week that demonstrate our wonderful, blessed life these days.

As the title states I am simply amazed at our daughter. The things she does, her personality, I cannot say it enough but we really did hit the kid lottery. I know someday all too soon I'll need to keep this entry to reread when she's a trying toddler, pre-teen and teenager, but for today I'll bask in my ignorance!Here she is just relaxing on a giant pillow in her room. We brought drinks and animal crackers into her room. Then we all sat with a book and read. At times she tried to "help" Brian read his comic book, she climbed on me in the rocking chair, and she took all of her books of the shelf. It was a blast for all of us. She did manage to read some books and climb into her rocking chair all by herself too. It was so fitting that all of our baby showers were book themed, because she loves her books. Every morning on our way to day care she reads a book, sometimes out loud sometimes not, but everyday without fail she gets excited to get her book when we get in the car. I can only hope her love of reading and books stays with her. Perhaps she'll end up like her parents getting in trouble for staying up too late just to read a few more pages of a really good book.
Cassidy has an amazing personality, she is funny, happy, energetic, and loving. She loves to give hugs and kisses now. She can blow kisses and give kisses on the face too. She even comes at you saying mmmmm getting ready to pucker up and make the kissing noise, adorable. She smiles and laughs about absolutely everything. I have no idea what is so funny half the time, but who cares isn't life more fun when you're smiling and laughing anyways.
We have such a fun kid who is also fiercely independent, which we knew from day one. She's so content anywhere. We get to day care she's happy to be there and play. I pick her up she's happy to come home. Put her down for a nap, she's happy to rest. She'll eat most anything you give her (though she tends to enjoy cheetos (coincidentally also my pregnancy craving food), cheerios, goldfish crackers, mac and cheese and lately sloppy joe.) She does not however enjoy hearing the word no, and has the perfect sad look, which we have to turn away from.

Alright that's it for my update. I just felt the need to share how amazed I am day in and day out by our baby. How anyone can not love this age I'll never know. If anyone needs a pick me up or to see God's work firsthand, just stop by our house and sit for awhile and watch Cassidy. We may be a little bias, but I only hope all parents feel this way about their children. I can only imagine how amazed I'll be when she starts saying real words and expressing her thought (for good or for bad).

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome post. I don't know if I love her or her mom more. I am just so glad that you can see the wonderment of a beautiful child. You were always an amazement to me too. Love you all

    ReplyDelete