Sunday, July 26, 2009

If it's not mom, it's me....dad has two drama queens

As many of you know I was delivered via emergency c-section on Friday, giving both my parents a bit of a scare. They just went in for the 40 week check-up thinking they'd be scheduling an induction for next week. Mom's blood pressure was high (which it never has been) so the doctor sent her to Labor and Delivery to have some blood work done to be on the safe side and she said they may be staying to be induced if it didn't come back good (Mom and Dad expected a 2 hour wait for bloodwork and then a nice dinner). After nearly 2 hours of waiting (grandparents all waiting anxiously for word at home) and 2 blood draws a nurse came in and said well you're not going anywhere, the doctor will be in to talk to you in a minute. The doctor came in and said ok it's not a matter of if, but rather when and we've decided that baby is coming out in the next hour we have no time to wait (mom was only going to get more sick if I stayed inside-she had something call sever preeclampsia) and so prep for a c-section began. Mom and Dad were not really prepared for that info. Dad quickly began calling the grandparents, getting our bags and the camera and mom started signing paperwork, and getting prepped for surgery and I was oblivious to the decision so I kept having a party inside. True to their word within one hour I made my appearance.

Mom continues to have her bp monitored (it's been good so far) and have her blood work checked (also good). As mom gets better I decided to stir up some fun of my own. My billirubin number went down and I start getting yellow last night so I'm on strict incubator rest with lights on me. Personally I think it's like a day at the beach, but mom and dad miss me and want me to stop tanning soon. They only get to hold me for 30 minutes every 3 hours while I feed otherwise I'm tanning my time away. We've included a few pictures so you can all get your fix of me. I know there are many of you who want to hold me and you will in time, but mom and dad are getting very anxious for some quality snuggle time so they'll come first!





In other news, since I've been born, the Cubs have been undefeated and are in first place...guess I'm their good luck charm.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!She really is very beautiful. Glad to hear that Megan is feeling better and everyone should be home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu are absolutly beautiful and I can't wait to see you. I am sure by the time Aunt Marmo gets there mommy and daddy will probably have their fix of holding and we be able to let me hold you for a short time. I hope so anyway. Glad mommy is doing much better. You can make things a little scary at first. Guess you will always keep your mommy and daddy on thier toes. I love you. "GREAT aunt Marmo

    ReplyDelete