Sunday, July 18, 2010

Birthday Party Extravaganza

Well I may not actually be one years old yet, but everyone sang to me, I opened gifts and had cake, so it sure feels like I'm one. On Saturday lots of people came by to celebrate my birthday, I still have 6 more days until I'm officially one though. It was a blast! I even got to wear an outfit to match my cake.Here I am with my cake before the guests arrived. I took a 2 hour morning nap so I was rested and ready for the guests.Mom and I pose for a quick shot with the cake before partying. Mom was really worried the cake wouldn't turn out right, but I think it looked great. I hear while I was napping that minnie had chin surgery though.The other cakes mom made to make sure we had enough (Dad was worried we would run out). My personal cake was the butterfly one.Before the real fun began I had to eat some lunch. Since it was my special day I got to have my favorite....macaroni and cheese. Notice how good I am at holding my fork, this is a new trick I mastered this week. I even get food in my mouth now.
This was one of my gifts from mom and dad. These foam pieces are my new "carpet" in my play area of the basement. Can you find the hidden words? I love this play area it is much more comfortable than the tile floor.
Hmm, so you're saying if I eat really well I can have cake and presents...that just might be a deal.
My party became a pool party after lunch. No one knew we were going to have a pool party but luckily I had little swimmers to share with everyone, and an extra pair of shorts I don't fit in yet for Isaac. It was a great way to cool off, next time we'll figure out how to get the slide to go into the pool. Mom said there were too many people in the pool though.
Just showing off my swimsuit and trying how to figure out how to climb out of this pool and walk to the slide on my own.
Pool party is over, time to put my party dress back on and look at all my gifts. I got a lot of really cool things. Thanks everyone, not sure where we're going to put it all, but who cares. It's fun. Now it's time for cake.I thought it was weird that all of these people were staring at me and singing.Here Daddy, you try some. If it's good then maybe I'll have some.Boy this cake thing is a lot of work, is anyone going to get me cleaned up so I can take a nap.I was starting to get tired and when I get tired I rub my hands through my hair. Oops I forgot I had frosting all over them.
This is what I did to my cake. I loved playing with the frosting, but I didn't want to eat it or any of the cake.
After all that fun with frosting, I went right to the tub. Dad scrubbed my face, which is why I'm making this face. Finally time for bed.
The morning after my party. Mom and Dad came in to get me from my nap with my new puppet. She tries to bite my fingers and hug me. I think it's funny though.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I'm walking a lot more now. Sometimes I crawl still, but mostly I'm walking and getting myself steady. Also, this past weekend I did my second sign. I signed mom and said it at the same time. Both mom and dad heard/saw it and were so surprised. I now how to sign eat and mom.

Well that's it for my birthday party extravaganza. Next weekend Mom and I are headed to Minnesota to visit the Schahls. We're going to finally meet Molly and go to her Baptism. Yeah!

1 comment:

  1. VERY NICE!! I was waiting for this page and the update on the party even though I heard a lot about it from you gramma.. She is having fun relaxing on the beach. Tell mommy she did a great job on the cakes, they were really, really cute. Enjoy the rest of your week and have a good birthday at Aunt Kim's and Uncle Jason's. Wish we could be there.

    ReplyDelete