Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hello and Welcome

Welcome to Ofie's Place, a small piece of this world where it's all about Ofie and the family that anxiously awaits her arrival, her mom, dad and big sister Gretchen (who sadly is completely unaware of what is to come). We are excited to invite you to this blog where you will be able to follow the preparations for Ofie's arrival into this world in just over 6 months.

For our first posting we are happy to report that we had a Doctor's appointment yesterday 1/12/09 and everything is going well. Ofie's little heart was thumping away at 164 beats a minute and everything looked great. The doctor anticipates a healthy pregnancy, I am feeling great and excited for the energy I am getting back as we enter the 2nd trimester. Which means a lot fewer naps (still early to bed, but no naps) and back to the gym, all welcome changes after an exhausting first trimester. We will be updating the blog as things change, but since the belly is not growing and the next doctor's appointment is not until February 16 it may be awhile.

8 comments:

  1. I am very excited that you have joined the bloggers. I love to keep track of my grandchildren. This makes it very easy to keep you all together. Love you Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you grandma!ma! it is great even for us "great" aunties too. thanks I will anxiously await the next entry. You are now in my favorites along with our other "greats" love you Marmo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo... we'll be following too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congulations! We are very excited and can't wait for the next entry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!!! I am so excited for another blog to stalk and to be able to keep up with the pregnancy!! So do you know it is a girl? You said she a few times and I wasn't sure if there was a reason for that :)
    I look forward to see cute prego pictures! Glad you are feeling well and done with the first trimester. I thought the second was teh most fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. crogers is really your cousin Nicolle...I don't know why it would let me enter it with my log in name...wierd...

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't know what the baby is (male/female), but it will be referred to as her (because Ofie is a female name) until it's born and we know differently.

    ReplyDelete