Monday, May 24, 2010

Daddy's Finally Home

Daddy left a week ago Saturday for a work conference in Charleston, SC. He was gone a REALLY long time, or least I thought it was a long time. He didn't get back until this past Friday night (I was already asleep). He had some trouble with connecting flights and rather than getting home at 10 he didn't get home until midnight, mom was really tired waiting up for him. Mom and I had a good week, but I know we were both excited to have him home.
On Sunday the weather was so nice that we got all sunscreened up and headed to the park (not the one right by our house, but a bigger one). Dad found these new sunglasses in a hand me down bag, what a find! Yea, I know I'm cute.
Dad might think twice about leaving mom and I home along again because we did some renovations. The minute dad left we started prepping the bathroom. It went from seafoam green and plane jane to very fun and up to date. It is much nicer now. Dad was surprised when he got home, and I think he likes it.
We were having a great week and getting lots of things done around the house and then Tuesday night happened (not a good night for mom). Gretchen ended up being really sick (mom doesn't handle cleaning it up well) and I ended up with pink eye. My eye got gunky, red and puffy. Mom took a picture on her phone and sent it to dad so he could see. It looked like I had been beaten up. I got medicine right away, which helped, but now I'm still fighting a cold. It was a long rest of the week with waking up in the middle of the night coughing and nose running. But the one nice thing was after the rough Tuesday night we got to stay home and in our pajamas most of the day since I was contagious and couldn't go to day care. It was a fun day.
Now that I can crawl and stand up really fast I get into lots of trouble!
At Hopkins Park, where walked to on Sunday afternoon. Dad showing me the slide, I'm still not to sure about it.
I always love a good swing though.
Ready for the walk back home from the park. It was hot out (90 degrees), good thing I have my juice to quench my thirst.
Trying out a new toy we got from a garage sale while Dad tends to the garden. I can't make it go by myself yet, but mom likes to push me and I love it when we go fast. After my fun day outside mom and dad said I was filthy and it was straight to the tub. It was the dirtiest I've ever been. I bet there are lots more days like that this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment